Football - FA Level 1 Goalkeeping Coaching Award
26th May 2017 9:00
28th May 2017 17:00
Gillford Park Off Petteril Bank Road Carlisle CA1 3AF
Association Football - Goalkeeping
For more information please contact James Reid 07918083637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum Age: 16
Course Duration: Minimum of 18 hours
Course Prerequisites: Prior to certification, candidates are required to:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Hold as a minimum a current FA Emergency Aid Certificate
- Have attended The FA Safeguarding Children Workshop
Who is it for: This course is ideal for coaches who want to improve the performance of their goalkeepers. Learn how to develop and improve your goalkeeper’s technique and plan and prepare progressive technical practices.
Course Content: The practical elements of the course will provide candidates with the following:
- Specific goalkeeping warm ups and cool downs
- Coaching basic individual techniques including footwork, the set position, handling techniques, diving saves (catching/deflecting/parrying), dealing with 1v1 situations and crosses
- Understanding how to develop and improve the goalkeepers’ technique
- Planning and preparing progressive technical practices
- Maintaining the health and safety of the players and other coaches
- Maintaining the high standards of conduct to promote Association Football
- The theoretical elements of the course will consolidate the key technical aspects of goalkeeping together with the Long Term Player Development (LTPD) model
Assessment: Assessment is via successful practical delivery of a 15 minute goalkeeping coaching topic.
Equality: FA Education ensures that it treats people fairly and with respect. It provides access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, its activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Education will seek to provide a service that is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
This course is ideal for coaches who want to improve the performance of their Goalkeepers. Learn how to develop and improve your goalkeeper's technique and plan and prepare progressive technical practices.
26th May 2017 - 09:00 - 17:00
27th May 2017 - 09:00 - 17:00
28th May 2017 - 09:00 - 17:00
Course Aims and Objectives: Coach basic individual techniques Understand the coaching process and to develop and improve Goalkeeper's technique Plan and prepare progressive technical practices Maintain the health and safety of the players and other coaches Maintain high standards of conduct to promote association football.
Course Pre-requisites: Prior to certification you must be at least 16 years of age and have an in date FA Emergency Aid and FA Safeguarding Children Certificate
Practical Involvement: Candidates are encouraged to participate in practical's to maximise their opportunities for learning (however inability to participate will not prevent successful completion of the award).
|Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
Full Cost: £150.00
Charter Standard Club Price £125.00