Football - Basic Referee's Course
19th Apr 2017 10:00
24th May 2017 16:00
Frenchfields Football Pavillion Carleton Penrith Cumbria CA11 8UA
For More information please contact Steve Dobinson or James Reid 07786361337 or email Steve Dobinson on email@example.com
- Minimum Age: 14
- Course Duration: 24 hours plus 6 games
- Course Prerequisites: None
- Who is it for: Ideally suited to those wanting to become a referee involved in the 11 a side game both in Youth and Adult football.
- Course aims and objectives: This course will provide an introduction to the laws of the game as well as developing the practical skills required to be a football referee.
The course is run over 5 modules including the completion of 6 matches as a trainee referee, two of which should be observed by a referee coach.
The course can either be predominantly theory or practically based dependant on venue and can be run over a weekend or several sessions again depending on resources.
Module 1- Introduction This module will introduce some key aspects in the following:
- Laws of the Game
- The role of the Referee
- Consider the skills require to control a game of football.
Module 2- Practical Element Practical elements of the course will provide an introduction to:
- Warming up and cooling down activities
- Positioning & movement at both set pieces & in open play
- Managing game situations
- Signals & communication techniques
FA Safeguarding Children workshop (included in the course programme)
Module 3 - Examination Both a multiple choice examination paper and a practical on field assessment are used to establish theory & practical knowledge.
1. Written element - both theoretical & practical courses 2. Theory DVD - used in mainly theory based courses 3. Practical on field assessment for use on practical based courses.
Module 4 - Refereeing
- 6 games are used to establish both the knowledge as well as the practicalities of refereeing.
- 2 of the games are observed by a referee mentor who offers immediate feedback and development points.
Module 5 - The next Steps
A 3 hour workshop designed to reflect on a trainee referees first experiences of refereeing and to offer development pointers. Re-assessment: Candidates can be re-examined within 1 month after completing the initial examination.
Refresher: Annual Referee and Training Development programme organised by County Football Associations for all new and existing referees.
Suggested additional learning opportunities:
- FAL Online Laws of the Game
- Learn the Laws CD ROM
- 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Match Officiating
- FAMOA Education Events
- Referee Academies/ Schools of Excellence/ Referee Schools
Equality: FA Learning will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, it's activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Learning will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
|Wednesday 19th April 17
|| 19:00 - 21:00
|Saturday 13th May 17
|| Theory and Practical Content
|| 10:00 - 16:00
|Sunday 14th May 17
||Theory and Practical Content
||10:00 - 16:00
|Call Back Meeting TBC (Approx. 6 weeks after)
|| Final Sign off
|| 19:00 - 21:00
|Wednesday 24th May 17
|| Safeguarding Children Workshop (16+)
|| 18:00 - 21:00
Please note that attendance is required for all elements of the course. If you are unable to make all elements of the course please give me a call to discuss an appropriate action plan for you to still achieve the qualification.
*However, attendance at Safeguarding Children Workshop apply to candidates aged 16+ only, candidates aged 14 or 15 will complete a Safeguarding Children paper at the Pre-Course Meeting.
Candidates need to be suitably attired for the weather with football kits, appropriate footwear and shin pads for all external sessions, and should also bring along pen and paper to all sessions. It would also be advisable for you to bring along a change of clothes and a packed lunch.
If you wish to pay by cash or cheque, then please click here to download an application form.
***Cumberland FA Coach Education Cancellation Policy***
If you need to cancel your attendance on the course you should inform Cumberland FA immediately. All our courses are in demand and by not advising us you are preventing another candidate from attending.
If you cancel more than 2 weeks prior to the commencement of the course, a full refund will be issued. However, if you cancel after the 2 week deadline, no refund will be given. Consideration will be given to candidates who, for health reasons* or other extreme circumstances are unable to attend and require a transfer to another course. (*A letter from a doctor or medical professional must be supplied). If you should decide to transfer to another course once your application has been submitted, there will be an additional administration charge of £15.00
|Please note to access this online application, you will need a FAN (FA Number).
Full Cost: £125.00
Cumberland Based Referee £100.00